Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Hope you're hungry....!

This is the foodie page for http://www.furthersouthofgranada.blogspot.com/ your favourite blog from Spain!

Having spent the past 5 years in an Andalucian mountaintop village, learning and trying local gastronomy, I'm constantly asked for seasonal recipes which I have occasionally added to the blog. Now they'll all be here in one place for you to check out and try!

In conjuction there will be an ebay shop so that you can obtain those hard to find spices and ingredients, essential for Tapas and Spanish cookery.

Any comments or recommendations welcome!

So come on get cooking with me, simple demystified good Spanish fare......Bienvenido!

Beetroot Crisps

Nabbed a tray of 8 beetroot the other day for less than a Euro.  I boiled them and peeled them, should have worn gloves!!  Then I pickled all but one in a large Kilner jar with wine vinegar and a little dill seed.  The leftover one I sliced thinly using my mandolin, then lay them on kitchen roll and sprinkle them lightly with salt. Deep fry for 1 or 2 minutes in hot oil, drain and salt a second time.  They make great crisps, the kids love them and you can also use sweet potato, parsnip or carrot instead, or a mixture of all those.  Have them with your dips for a change....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment